The theme for the 5th Annual PASA Premier Confex is “Unlocking Value through Collaboration”, with all sessions directly addressing (or at least tipping a hat to) how we must learn to work together to deliver greater value, both now and in the future.
As the world of business becomes more complex and with traditional ways of doing business rapidly evolving, having the ability to collaborate with all of our stakeholders, customers, suppliers and colleagues is essential.
We will explore how collaboration can unlock value through areas such as collaboration with:
- Internal stakeholders/business units/project teams
- Other members of our procurement team
- External procurement professionals
- Our suppliers
- Our competitors
- Extended ‘Value Networks’
- Our peer groups for education purposes
Ultimately, effective collaboration drives better business performance resulting in productivity gains, greater effectiveness and superior outcomes. In the past we may have seen the ability work collaboratively as a desirable attribute. Increasingly I am now hearing that it is essential if an individual is to be a success in procurement.
Some of the questions I envisage us exploring this year (and this is only a very small sample) are:
- What attributes and behaviours do we need to be effective collaborators?
- How do we develop the right culture for successful collaboration?
- Are there things we can do to improve our ability to collaborate?
- What role does collaboration play in managing our supplier relationships?
- How can our contracts affect our ability to collaborate?
- How much time and effort could we save by collaborating effectively with our peers in the procurement profession to share such things as market intelligence, research, tactics, strategies, tools and templates?
- How might we collaborate with our peers to enhance our capability?
- What other sources of value can be unlocked through greater collaboration?
Following the success of the inaugural Entrepreneurial Procurement Awards in 2016, we will be continuing with the Awards programme in 2017. However, we will be adding an additional Award for the “Best Collaboration Initiative”. As in 2016, Awards finalists will ‘pitch’ their submissions to the audience at Premier Confex, with the audience voting to determine the ultimate winners. This provides attendees with some great snapshots that they can learn from of procurement teams and suppliers who are doing great work.
With four streams of seminars there is more choice than ever at the 5th Annual PASA Premier Confex meaning you can customize your programme to directly meet your learning needs.
I look forward to seeing you at the event,