The majority of the sessions at the conference directly address, or tip a hat to, the theme for the 5th Annual PASA Premier ConfeX : “Unlocking Value through Collaboration”.
The programme features high-level keynote presentations, case studies from awards finalists, a multi-stream seminars programme and round-table discussion sessions, providing both buyers and suppliers with the best learning and networking opportunities of the year. Featuring a mix of ‘stalwart’ performers, who can be relied upon to deliver value, and a healthy number of interesting, ‘new to PASA’ speakers, the multi-stream seminars programme provides unmatched choice, allowing you to customize your programme to best meet your learning needs.
Ultimately, effective collaboration drives better business performance resulting in productivity gains, greater effectiveness and superior outcomes. In the past we may have seen the ability work collaboratively as a desirable attribute. Increasingly I am now hearing that it is essential if an individual is to be a success in procurement.
This collaboration may be with our colleagues, our internal stakeholders, our suppliers or business partners. We will explore such things as:
- What attributes and behaviours do we need to be effective collaborators?
- Are there things we can do to improve our ability to collaborate?
- What role does collaboration play in managing our supplier relationships?
- How do our contracts impact on our ability to collaborate with our suppliers?
- How much time and effort could we save by collaborating effectively with our peers in the procurement profession to share such things as market intelligence, research, tactics, strategies, tools and templates?
- How might we collaborate with our peers to enhance our capability?
- What other sources of value can be unlocked through greater collaboration?
Following the success of the inaugural Entrepreneurial Procurement Awards in 2016, we will be continuing with the Awards programme in 2017. However, we will be adding an additional Award for the “Best Collaboration Initiative”.
As in 2016, the finalists will go into the ‘Shark Tank”, pitching their submissions to be voted on by the audience. These short pitches provide great case studies on organisations that are pushing the envelope in terms of delivering value.
I commend the programme to you and look forward to seeing you in Melbourne,